EXTEDO SaaS is a software delivery model in which the solution is centrally hosted and the customers are connected to a tenant in a multi-tenancy architecture. It provides the possibility to keep data for each customer separated but allows to share costs. This solution is based on the "one-to-many"-principle. The application is “ready-to-use” i.e. in order to use the application only the customer specific tenant and the users need to be created. No additional installation is required.
EXTEDO extended SaaS
EXTEDO extended SaaS is an extended software delivery model based on the "one-to-one"-principle where the solution is exclusively installed on a dedicated space for one client only. There is no tenant sharing with other customers.
- High availability & reliability
- Device and location independence
- Scalability & elasticity
- Cost control
- Saving of resources (no IT infrastructure required)
- Simplified IT processes (no IT know-how necessary)
- Higher productivity and employee satisfaction
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
EXTEDO Cloud / SaaS Software Solutions
The following EXTEDO solutions are available as software as a service delivery model.
SafetyEasy PV is a drug safety management software solution based on the E2B and MedDRA industry data standards. It enables you to classify, create, review, submit, and maintain pharmacovigilance data and adverse event cases or reports.
eCTDmanager is a software solution which enables you to readily build, view, validate and publish compliant submissions based on CTD, eCTD, NeeS, eCopy, IMPD, CTA, VNeeS, DMF, ASMF and other submission structures.
The required IT infrastructure (server, network, firewall, data center) to run the solutions is provided by EXTEDO and hosted by EXTEDO's service provider Global Access. Global Access is a German based service provider specialised in Data Centers, VM Hosting, WAN and Internet Services. Quality and security of the services are certified based on ISO/IEC 27001 (native and BSI) and ISO 9001.
The client will access the solution via a secure SSL connection using a standard web browser. Access will be granted only as a result of an initial positive authentication. For each customer a separate database is created in the EXTEDO SaaS environment. The system environment is protected by up to date anti-virus software.
With the SaaS solutions no costs are incurred for IT infrastructure or operation. Once you have decided to use the system in our dedicated hosted environment, the complete infrastructure is immediately available and instantly scalable. The secured web based application allows to access data from anywhere via internet, independent from devices or locations.
- Centralization of data
- Increased security-focused resources
- Privacy law compliance: German data privacy law (BDSG)
- ISO 27001 certification
- Disaster recovery procedure
High availability & reliability
- Platform is always on
- Performance monitoring
Device and location independence
- Access the application from anywhere via the internet
- Dynamic resource allocation
Scalability & elasticity
- Complete infrastructure immediately available and instantly scalable
Simplify your IT processes and disengage yourself from devoting resources to IT infrastructure implementation, maintenance or security; instead you can focus on key operational issues of your business. Business benefits of outsourcing IT infrastructure, hardware & software maintenance and support to the cloud provider include:
- No infrastructure costs
- Reduced IT operational costs
- Infrastructure/operational resources bundled and managed for lower total cost of ownership
Saving of resources
- Fewer IT skills required for maintenance, implementation and security
- No infrastructure needed
- No need to engineer for peak loads
Simplified IT processes
- No maintenance of IT infrastructure, hard- or software
- SW updates managed by service provider
Higher productivity and employee satisfaction
- Possibility to focus on key operational issues
- Reallocate IT operations costs towards meeting other goals
Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Use of multiple redundant sites
- Multi-tenant support